The Harbor Front Inn has always been a charming seaside escape for our guests. A place people seek out time and time again to get away and explore the Village of Greenport and the bounty of the North Fork. In these times, we have implemented rigorous health and safety protocols so you know that your stay with us will be enjoyable and worry-free. We have outlined in detail below the measures we are taking and are even requiring all staff and guests to sign a pledge to ensure a safe environment for everyone on property.
Our latest health and safety measures
Our Enhanced Health, Safety, and Cleaning Process
- Staying up-to-date and going above and beyond the guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and state and local health officials to ensure the safety of our guests and team.
- Increasing frequency of cleaning using hospital-grade disinfectants on all high-touch surfaces and areas such as the lobby, elevators, guestrooms, meeting and event spaces, common area restrooms, fitness center (currently closed), and all employee areas.
- Training our staff on comprehensive COVID-19 protocols – detailing protection against the transmission of the virus and procedures in the case of a suspected or confirmed case.
- Requiring protective masks and other equipment to be worn by all hotel associates and all persons within the hotel interiors, both guests and associates.
- Prominently placing hand sanitizer stations throughout our guest and employee areas and entrances.
- Implementing social distancing signage, guidance, and spacing of furniture in all our public areas. Download Harborfront’s “Navigating this Together” guide PDF.
- Implementing enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols for complimentary continental breakfast.
Your Check-In/Check-Out Experience
- Adding partitions at our front desk to provide an extra level of precaution for our guests and associates, and continue to provide warm, in-person welcomes.
- Sanitizing guest room key cards thoroughly between guests
- Supplying protective masks, gloves, and hand sanitizers to our front desk associates, and can provide the same to you, by request.
- If your guest room is on the second or third floors, we encourage you to utilize the stairs – they are wide and well lit. If you choose to use the elevator, there is a limit of 2 unrelated people or a single party at one time.
Your Guest Room Experience
- Cleaning all surfaces thoroughly with hospital-grade disinfectants, including extra disinfection of the 25 most frequently touched guest room areas– examples, light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats, refrigerator handles, etc.
- Placing a room seal on doors to indicate to guests that their room has not been accessed since being thoroughly cleaned.
- Providing housekeeping in guest rooms only when requested
- Removing all non-essential items from guest rooms (i.e. hairdryer) and making them available by request. Any paper in your room will have been printed for your use only.
Your Pool Experience
- Implementing a reservations-only policy for pool entry and lounge chair usage to allow for social distancing and sanitizing between guests.
- Sanitizing all pool furniture after each use with a deep clean each night.
- Spacing pool furniture for social distancing.
- Ensuring appropriate chlorine levels for pool health and safety.
We’ll stay informed, so you can feel good about staying with us.
We will continue to update protocols as new information and technology becomes available. Over the next few months, we’ll roll out enhanced cleaning technologies, including electrostatic sprayers to safely sanitize all areas of the hotel and restaurant with hospital-grade disinfectant. We’re committed to doing all that we can to ensure you’ll rest assured and sleep well.
If you have questions about COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.
We look forward to welcoming you to the new Harborfront Inn experience. We can’t wait to welcome you back to Greenport.