The Harborfront Inn and Sound View’s way of giving back to the community takes shape every year through our Uncommon Art Artist Residence program. This year, we’ve invited a new group of emerging artists who will live and work throughout both properties to be inspired by the North Fork.
We give each artist the creative license to work anywhere they wish—you might spot them drafting a score in Sound View’s Piano Bar, mixing media at Mitchell Park Marina, or turning our Conference Room into a temporary dark room. As part of the residency, each artist is invited to share something with the community (that’s you) whether it be a live-streamed performance, a socially distanced workshop, or even a display of their craft.
Building a Creative Community
As artists, photographers and writers converge at The Harborfront Inn and Sound View, a powerful conversation of the creative community ignites. With regular, open dialogues for North Fork natives, we tap into the energy of community to celebrate inclusion and creativity. Our artist participants will host open working sessions, display key works, and perform, inviting the community into rare opportunities to witness the artist’s journey, from inspiration to completion.
SCHEDULE OF RESIDENCIES
Please stay tuned for our Artists and visit our activities calendar for artists’ performances and community events.
- Sylvia Channing – Feb 1-8th 2023 – Sunset Yoga & Artist Talk
- Grant Haffner, Painter – Feb 23rd – March 2nd – Artist Talk
- Loren Erdrich, Multidisciplinary Artist – March 1st – March 7th
- Devin Burnam , Playwright & Actor – feb 27th – March 6th at Harborfront
- Naomi Clark, Abstract Painter – March 10th-17th
- Keren Anavy, Multidisciplinary Artist – March 17th – March 24th
- Franco Cuttica, Sculpture & Painting – March 24th- March 31st
- Tony Coon, Videographer – March 30th – April 6th at Harborfront
- Scott Bluedorn, Local Artist – April 1st – April 7th
- Beth Giacummo, Installation Artist – April 17th – April 24th
- Fallen Fruit Collective, Contemporary art collective – May 1st – May 8th
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR 2023! WELCOME 2023 ARTISTS!
Get inspired to start crafting your very own work of art during Uncommon Art Residency at Harborfront Inn & Sound View Greenport. Applications are closed for 2023! Artists interested in applying should contact Marketing Director Kara Hoblin at Khoblin@soundviewgreenport.com for 2024 with their website, Instagram and/or sample work, bio & CV, and a short statement on what you would hope to work on during the residency.
CURRENT UNCOMMON ARTISTS
Our Past Uncommon Artists
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Get inspired to start crafting your very own work of art during Uncommon Art Residency at The Harborfront Inn and Sound View Greenport. And while you’re here, see it all for less: book our Warmer Days on the Horizon offer and save up to 25% off your stay from Sunday – Thursday!